Security, accessibility, and usability are three of the considerations that companies take into account when it comes to choosing servers. To ensure that your resources and customer information are secure and easy to manage and obtain or to choose a Synology DS416J to protect, manage and save data; the question that arises is whether to opt for a private or dedicated server.
What Is A Virtual Private Server?
A virtual private server (also known as VPS) is a virtual machine that is located inside a physical machine. What, at first glance, might seem to be fully dedicated to the company is the hardware that is shared between several companies or websites, and that is capable of powering the software itself while.
What Are The Benefits Of A VPS?
There are many benefits associated with the decision to have a virtual private server for the business, such as those related to:
- Cost less than having a dedicated server,also when the company has multiple domains since you can use a VPS for everyone, instead of paying for several servers
- More control than would be enjoyed with shared hosting
- Scalability, perfect for not having to face the cost of having to pay for resources that are not yet needed
- Personalization, an option that allows each business to get exactly what it wants and needs, and nothing else
- Efficiency and sustainability. Opting for a private server means being more responsible with the use of resources and respectful of the environment
What Is A Dedicated Server?
A dedicated server, unlike a virtual private server, is a single computer dedicated to a single client or task and managed by the provider. The property of the server belongs to the client company, so it is not affected by others that use the same data center.
Dedicated servers are specially designed to offer the necessary coverage to businesses that have a lot of traffic, use intensive applications, and tend to have high resource consumption. The Synology RS815RP provides outstanding performance with data encryption that is also backed with a warranty of 3years.
It should be borne in mind that, in the cost of the dedicated server, the rental price of the computer used and the work necessary to keep the server running and updated are also included.
What Are The Advantages Of A Dedicated Server
Among the benefits of this type of server include the following:
- It is an option that guarantees speed, both for business users and for the company’s customers. This attribute is essential for e-commerce
- Not having to share the computer with others means that all the processing poweroffered can be used exclusively by the company
- Storage takes place in large data centers, with security assurance
- The support is much easier and faster than on a private server